Monday, March 17, 2008

Sorry Dad, I ended up at a wedding

....but don't worry, it wasn't mine. 6th night here and I ended up getting invited to a wedding somehow; son of the owner of the hostel got married, and the guys working at the hostel grabbed me along to the wedding. Good thing I'm here for work, and had some decent clothes to wear, as well as extra to let a buddy here borrow. Didn't get to the hotel (which was within sight of the freakin Giza pyramids!!) until about 10pm or so, right when the reception was getting started, apparently. Then, dancing! For like, 2 hours! Then, some eating, around midnight.































Everyone really enjoyed the meaty belly dancer. I was confused as to why I only had this one picture of her, until I realized I just took a whole lot of gyrating videos instead - not so uploadable with this connection (shut up spellchecker, uploadable is a legit word). All for me, or rather, the very pleased guys at the hostel. At some points, it looks like I somehow had the skills to digitally remove a pole from the dance floor.

Then they killed the hell out of the wedding cake with a sword.


Got out of there around 2 am or so, which was just awesome timing for getting enough sleep before my first day at the office.

No comments: