Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Potentially the first and only entry on this site

f1rst p0st! I suck at journaling and diaries, but the sheer amount of interesting happenings that I plan on forgetting over the next 6 months has justified the creation of this log. I tend to snap photos to supplement my rapidly deteriorating short- and long-term memory, so it'll be interesting to see whether the slow-connection-frustration to photo-size ratio gets high enough that I actually start writing more text, and posting fewer photos. But for now, suffice to say: I'm in Cairo for 6 months on a hybrid nonprofit-social welfare-emerging technology-telecommunications project which looks to be both horrifyingly daunting and mind-blowingly exciting.

I don't think I've ever used that many dashes in so short a paragraph before. This is why I don't write very often.

No comments: